Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Swimming

Yesterday I and my fiance went to lunch at Taco Bell/KFC (they are side-by-side in one building). I had a Gordita taco with beans instead of meat and with mild hot sauce on it, and a large Dr. Pepper. My fiance had chicken and soda and I don't know what else. After that, we went swimming for a few hours at the community pool. I didn't spend much time in the water. It was really hot outside, but I am glad I didn't get a sunburn. I had my fiance put SPF 45 sunblock on my body, and then I put some SPF 50 on my face, because my face is more sensitive than the rest of my body. We hung out at the pool for about 3 hours and then we decided to go grab dinner and so we went to Subway for mine and then to Jack-Off In The Box for his dinner. We went to his house and hung out together, him playing his games and both him and me watching cable TV together. I came home around 11 pm and shortly after that I went to bed. Not much is happening lately. I think we are going to his church's festival this upcoming Sunday. And then my fiance has his birthday next week on Wednesday. Then I see my counselor next Friday, and then Saturday we are going to "Deaf Day" at Fiesta Six Flags all day. Should be loads of fun, especially the big Wave Pool. 

June 16th will mark the one year since one of my dear friends from my hometown passed away. He had so many medical problems growing up, and all the medical problems contributed stress to his heart and it gave out and stopped beating,and he couldn't be revived. He was about to marry his girlfriend (another friend of mine, we attended high school together) during the summer, and they were expecting a baby boy early in the fall. He never got to meet his son, and his son will never get to know his father. This is sad. I may send a sympathy card to his mother and possibly call and talk to his girlfriend on videophone as well, to see how she is holding up, and to see how the baby is doing. 


June 28th also marks the 20 years since my dear mother passed away in 1990. I still think about her each single day. I think about her when I get up in the morning, and when I go to bed at night, and also sometime during the day for any reason (seeing something that reminds me of her or whatever). I still miss her and always will miss her, even though I am nearly 30 years old. I was almost 10 when she passed away. She was the best mother I have ever had. I am grateful for the 10 years I had with her. A mother's love beats everything else. I want nothing but my mother's love. I have many wonderful memories of her. I have many, many pictures of her from her childhood to just before she passed away. I have a lock of her hair. Stuff like that. She may have been only a teenager when she had me (at 16) but she did give me the best care ever. She worked so hard to make sure I was healthy, to make sure I got my surgeries so that I wouldn't have to be in crutches or leg braces or whatever. She made damn sure that I didn't die in my sleep when I had pneumonia and when I had bronchitis. She would take me to the ER whenever it was necessary. I still remember the trips to the Children's hospital ER and the breathing treatments I had to do for my pneumonia and the bronchitis, and the medications I had to take. She took such good care of me. She took very good care of my sister, too. I remember the day my mom gave birth to my sister. I was so excited to have a sister after being an only child for 5 years. Now my sister looks just like my mother, the spitting image of my mother. I do wish I looked like her, too. My sister is so beautiful, just like my mom. Mom was very protective of us. If something bad happened to one of us, she was all over it like white on rice. She took very good care of us no matter what kind of problems she had herself. She pushed through her problems so that she could be the best mama to us. I have always been proud of her no matter what. 

I guess that's all I have to say for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Answers to your questions:
    Dear Lucia, I don't think it would have made the international news; it was a group protesting the fact that Arabs sometimes throw rocks onto cars traveling this route to the Wailing (Western) wall.
    Yes, I am feeling better (thanks), though not 100%. If this keeps up, I will have to visit the doctor....)(And he will tell me that my weight is at fault....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for answering my question, Rickismom. :) Hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete