Saturday, May 29, 2010

My fiance's Sunshine Cottage presentation on Thursday

On Thursday we went to Sunshine Cottage (his old oral deaf school from when he was a little kid) and he gave a presentation on how he has been doing since he graduated from the school and how his life has been so far. He spoke about what schools he went to growing up, what high school he graduated from, and colleges he has gone to and graduated from, the clubs and organizations he is now involved in and the jobs he has worked and volunteered at. There were pictures that he included from childhood to adulthood, from at schools, organizations, jobs, and the like. I helped a bit with his power point presentation. And we had pizzas from Dave's Pizza, salads, candy, lemonade, tea. There was also awards and scholarships given out to the children who had gone to and graduated from Sunshine Cottage and gone to middle and high schools and then graduated from their high schools. Three teenagers got scholarships to any colleges in this city (we have so many universities and colleges here in San Antonio just alone!) and they chose to go to St. Philips College. A few middle schoolers got awards for different things. Overall it was a good event at Sunshine Cottage.


Afterward we spent time catching up with some of my fiance's old teachers and then when we were exiting the school we saw a huge ass poisonous centipede and we had to get some guys to go kill it before it harmed anyone. It was over 3 inches huge and really thick. It was the most grossest and scary looking thing I have ever seen. *shudders*.


After that we went home but on the way home my stomach began really hurting and I had my fiance stop at a gas station so I could use the bathroom...I think the pizza did not agree with my stomach. Ick. Then we went home and I chilled out and then went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment