Monday, May 24, 2010

First blog!

This blog is going to be about anything and everything I have experienced in my life thus far.

For now:

I am a Deaf 29 years old girl with a cochlear implant in my left ear, implanted and activated October 11th and October 16th, respectively.

I also have Hip Dysplasia as well as 2 injured discs in my lower back too. I just had surgery to fix my left hip that had a torn labrum, bruises, and the hip ball needing some shaving as it wasn't round enough, on March 9, 2010 and my hip feels so much better now, finally. Now all I need is surgery on my back to fix my discs and possibly my upper back where I also have pain in that area as well.


I am engaged to a wonderful guy, we have been together for 4 years and counting, and I have 3 cats as well.

I live in a small apartment in south Texas. The area I live in isn't very good. It was nice when I first moved here in 2006 but since then the neighborhood has gone to hell. 


I plan to go back to school to become a RN nurse after I have healed from my final surgery. Hopefully by fall or spring. I would like to work with sick children, as I have a loving and compassionate heart.


I do the best I can regardless of my Deafness and my hip and back issues. I know my limits, but am not afraid to try to push my limits at times, because sometimes the fun is definitely worth it. 


We have no children at this time, as we aren't ready yet. I would like to have two kids of our own and then adopt two Deaf kids as well. I grew up in foster care and it was tough being Deaf growing up in foster care and I do not want the other deaf children in foster care to have to experience that. Foster care is harder when you are deaf, especially when you've been thrown into a children's home and no one knows sign and there is no communication. That's what happened to me and it caused so many communication barriers and I was very lonely. I still have issues stemming from the children's home.


That is all for now. Feel free to ask questions. :)

P.S. If you have difficulty reading this post due to the rainbow colors, please let me know. I will be more than happy to change the color fonts. ;)

2 comments: